What will it be like ? - Lessons
Relax & Have Fun
Before You Come
- We want you to relax, have fun and learn some cool new things. Clinics & Lessons are taught on the quiet, sheltered lake Cole Lake at our Paddling Centre.
- Our staff are professional outdoor leaders with years of experience. They'll encourage you to learn approved paddling, safety and tripping skills.
- If you'd like to work on specific skills, we'll gladly help provided the group agenda isn't compromised. Weather & group needs determine what we do and how many skills we cover.
When You Arrive
- We take every precaution to ensure safety, however adventure activity involves risk. We recommend you obtain any personal, medical and cancellation insurance that you may deem appropriate.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver prior to participating.
- You should be able to swim 50 m with a PFD and we'll require that you wear it while on the water.
- Paddling can be strenuous so it's important to prepare yourself with moderate aerobic exercise, as well as activity to improve muscle tone/flexibility for upper body, lower back and abdomen.
- Please meet at our Paddling Centre (unless otherwise noted) at 8:45 am (we'll start at 9 am sharp), or at 12:45 pm for afternoon programmes (we'll start at 1 pm sharp) - for coffee & intros.
- Parking is available and there's a lounge and change room, and our award-winning outhouses for your use.
- It's important that you come a few minutes early to get oriented before we start.
- Kayaking is a wet sport, so check the clothing list and be prepared to have fun and get wet.
- For all day lessons you need to bring your own lunch or you can get fast food 10 minutes away.