What will it be like ? - Daytrips
Before You Come
- We take every precaution to ensure safety, however adventure activity involves risk. We recommend you obtain any personal, medical and cancellation insurance that you may deem appropriate.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver prior to participating.
- You should be able to swim 50 m with a PFD and we'll require that you wear it while on the water.
- Paddling can be strenuous so it's important to prepare yourself with moderate aerobic exercise, as well as activity to improve muscle tone/flexibility for upper body, lower back and abdomen.
When You Arrive
- Please meet at our Paddling Centre (unless otherwise noted) at 8:45 am for coffee & intros. We'll start at 9:00 am sharp.
- Parking is available and there's a lounge and change room, and our award-winning outhouses for your use.
- It's important that you come a few minutes early to get oriented before we start.
- Kayaking is a wet sport, so check the clothing list and be prepared to have fun and get wet. For clinics, you need to bring your own lunch or you can get fast food 10 minutes away.
- For trips that require driving to another put-in, we'll ask you to drive your own car or pool with others. Once at the put-in, we'll help to park your vehicle in a safe spot, but it is at your own risk (we've never had any problem).
- We offer free parking at your risk at our Centre.
What Will It Be Like Paddling With Us?
What Do I Bring ? click here for packing list suggestion
- We want you to relax, have fun and learn new things.
- Our staff are professional outdoor leaders with years of experience. They'll encourage you to learn approved paddling, safety and tripping skills.
- If you'd like to work on specific skills, we'll gladly help provided the group agenda isn't compromised.
- Weather & group needs determine where we go and what we do.
- Plan to be on the water for 4 to 6 hours (with lots of breaks!).
- Please bring your own lunch
- You are welcome to bring your own boat, however there is no discount. If you do bring your own boat, you should also be aware that we bring a tandem kayak for safety and personal comfort reasons. We'll ask that all participants share in the paddling of the tandem during the trip so it may become necessary for someone else to paddle your boat for a short period. If you aren't willing to allow this, then you should leave your boat at home and use ours.
- We bring a library that includes recreational reading, field guides and historic accounts.
- Safety and rescue gear (including a marine radio & cell phone for emergency communication) accompanies each trip, and our leaders are properly trained in its use.