A Word About Clothing
A Word About Clothing...
- For cold, the best matereials are those which retain heat even when wet, don't absorb water and wick moisture from the skin.
- Cotton denim jeans are not good
- Wool, nylon, fleece, polypropylene, and silk are best.
- A light, windproof shell really helps to retain heat.
- For hot mid-day paddling, we find a light-coloured, long-sleeved, cotton shirt, or fleece top is great. T-shirts are OK but they don't give much sun protection.
- Specialized paddling clothes/gear add to your comfort, but are not necesssary unless you intend to take up the sport for the long haul!
- If you do want well-designed camp gear or clothing, please give us a call or check out one of our shops. Our shops are full of stuff that we use ourselves.