This course is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and judgement to instruct Paddle Canada Level-1 Sea Kayak Skills. Teaching strategies, detection and correction, coaching, evaluation and group management skills are all part of this fun and informative course. You will come away with stronger teaching ability and refined, demo-quality strokes and braces. Throughout, there will be an emphasis on practical risk management.
The Sea Kayak Level-1 Instructor is certified to:
- conduct Waterfront Kayak, Basic Kayak & Level-1 Skills courses and certify paddlers at those levels,
- assist a Level-2 Instructor on a Level-2 Skills course, and
- assist a Basic Kayak Instructor Trainer on a Basic Kayak Instructor or Waterfront
May 12-15, 2022
Join UsBook Now
Accommodations: Paddle Canada course participants are welcome to camp on site at White Squall for the times you are based here. Please let us know if you’re intending to stay here.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level-2 Skills certification.
- PC Basic Kayak Instructor highly suggested
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR (14 hours) or Wilderness First Aid (16 hours).
- Paddling Experience: 30 days in class-1 conditions (including overnights).
I had a wonderful trip paddling on Georgian Bay. The scenery is exquisite. Guides were attentive, professional and respectful. I was most impressed with the quality, quantity, and variety of food.
We will meet at White Squall Paddling Centre. Paddling locations may vary and you will be informed by course instructors.
Get driving directions